Data / Ora
Date(s) - 06/11/2020
EXPORT MANAGER COURSE – Strategic approach to foreign markets and the central role, in a company, of the Export Manager
PURPOSE OF THE COURSE
Access to markets and selling abroad provides a multitude of different kinds of knowledge and skills.
To give some examples: from a precise knowledge of individual markets, to the adoption of a strategic approach, the creation of a foreign network, the proper management of the intermediaries, and a mindset open to cultural differences (cross cultures).
It is essential to relate effectively with the internal company representatives (Sales Management, Marketing, Sales, Production Planning, Purchasing, Operations Management, Administration) and the external ones, moving from strategy to operational issues, and effectively managing work teams.
- Strategy and selection of the most attractive and profitable markets for the product / service that you want to export;
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management;
- Offer Management, performance indexes and return on investment, negotiating of contract terms and closing of the deal;
- Sharing of the plan to align the various business functions;
- Provision of the operational plan, management of foreign counterparts, implementation of procedures, back office activities, task management and monitoring, working in team, with the various business functions;
- Development of team motivation aims to increase revenue and oversee critical issues related to exports;
First Module: assessment- opportunities and risks
- Country opportunities and outlook: identifying growing markets and market potential, the increase in breadth of the middle class, taking account of the geo-political, monetary and economic stability, as well as the banking system solidity of the foreign country; considering the incentives for new investments, protection policies and restrictions on imports;
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management: country and sovereign risk, private counterparty risk or SME one, Customs risk and sanctions, issues of legal nature (international contracts, agency agreement/distribution; clauses to ensure the company, territorial exclusive clauses and ability to generate orders by the agent, or to penetrate the territory by the distributor; international contract of sale and the Vienna Convention); kinds of companies abroad, peculiarities and problems;
Second Module: expansive strategy/entrance into the foreign country
- Identifying the entry strategy for the target countries: through reliable sources finding detailed information on the markets of interest; drawing up a ranking of the most attractive countries and of the foreign incorporations expected in the medium and long term; identifying the best entry channel for each country;
- Pointing out pros and cons of the different kinds of companies abroad, from the representation office, to the Joint Venture, the Branch, the Foreign Company, submitting an analysis to the Management;
- Identifying an action plan that includes an appropriate risk management;
- Evaluating the investments required, and estimating the return on investment to present an overview to the Management (hints on ROI and CASH FLOW);
- Scouting available national and international Funds and Sources of Financing;
- Assessing the impact of the project on the Company: financial sustainability, capacity, processes and processing times of the practice provided, the tangible and intangible resources (human resources) needed; involving business functions involved in the project showing the opportunities for revenue growth and expected growth;
- Defining the objectives and the annual action plan of the Export Office, planning actions and operational steps; sharing them, motivating the actors at the same level in the company and the department managers;
- Activating the necessary instruments of internal control and feed-back, related to the sales network and the orders management;
Third Module: operational management
- Drawing up an effectively Offer for the Buyer: valuing with good points the product/service, through several explanatory chapters, highlighting the added value and benefits for the final customer; negotiating the price to provide an adequate margin, taking account of its commercial strength and that of the counterparty;
- In the case of agency agreements and distribution, learning how to select brokers, agent, distributor, business partner, or the economic operator most suitable for the development objectives of the company, focusing on KPI of greater added value and impact on sales and on the efficient management of collaborations also in the release of the agreements;
- Agreeing with foreign intermediaries the revenue goals, negotiating on behalf of the company the appropriate contractual clauses;
- Asking the agent or foreign trade partner for the adequate set of reports for the business monitoring; learning how to negotiate on behalf of the company a constant commitment of the agent, with the aim of providing to the management exhaustive feedback on the market in the reference territory;
- Identifying the cultural assets and the imprinting related to the soft skills to adopt the right style of communication and, through the right stimulus, creating a climate of cooperation in working groups and in multicultural contexts;
- Managing the different positions within the various departments internal to the Company, and any disagreements or conflicts (e.g. between Commercial and Export Office or between Commercial and Administration), on priorities and methods of managing practices;
- In the event of disputes or conflicts adopt the techniques and methods of conflict resolution, using tools of negotiation and persuasive communication.
RECIPIENTS OF THE COURSE
- Export Managers, Export Directors, Marketing Directors, Sales Managers
- Defining a strategy and how to identify the most attractive end country for the Company;
- Drafting of contract terms, adaptation of international contracts with respect to the specific needs of the Company, and discussion of practical cases.
- October 15, 2019
- October 16, 2019
- October 22, 2019
- October 23, 2019
From 9:00 am to 13:00 pm and from 14:00 pm to 18:00 pm
Le prenotazioni sono chiuse per questo evento.