Data / Ora
Date(s) - 15/07/2022
TRAINING MODULE DESCRIPTION: Documentary collection: instruction for use
RECIPIENTS : International commercial operators, business consultant, foreign officers, export managers, bankers;
LEVEL OF THE COURSE : advanced;
This module aims to give the operational skills of the “Documentary Collections” through a definition of the features and through the identification of the most peculiar aspects. The legislation URC 522 ICC will be also deeply analyzed. Some case studies will be used, to better understand how to use this tool effectively.
CONTENTS OF THE COURSE :
• Use of the transport documents in the international trade: CIM, CMR, AWB, Bill of Lading;
• International trade legislation;
• Documentary collection: definition, persons, legislation and operative use;
• “Collection Cycle”: the phases of the documentary collection;
• D/P – Documents against Payment vs D/A – Documents against Acceptance;
• “Clean”, “Documentary” and “Direct” Collections: which are the differences?
• When to use the documentary collection: advantages and disadvantages of this tool;
• Roles and responsibilities of the banks;
• When collection is dishonored: actions, alerts and process;
• Documents against Acceptance: how to disinvest the credit;
• How to drawn a Bill of Exchange;
• How to manage interests, costs and banking commissions;
• Documentary Collection: analysis and discussion of “Creation of Documents”, “Payment in local and in foreign currency”, “Partial payments”, “Protest” and “case-of-need”;
• How to define correctly the “collection instructions” to the bank;
• Analysis and discussion of the case studies;
• Focus: URC 522 ICC: analysis of the main articles;
• Assessment Test;
• Decision making case studies;
• Q&A Session
Lectures with the help of slides and flip chart, active lectures with the participants to place in contexts the ideas and to adopt them in the common business life. Other methods will be used to make participants the main actors: use of real case studies, role playing, business games and other methods to analyze concrete scenarios, recreate company problems and elaborate schemes to make the ideas real. In particular, the participants will learn how to put to use the already acquired skills.
DIDACTIC MATERIAL : descriptive material and case studies (slides and articles) will be given to the participants in electronic format;
DURATION OF THE MODULE : 1 day (7 hours)
COST : ask for further information through the module contact;
PROFESSOR : Dr. Domenico Del Sorbo – Trade & Export Finance Specialist
Le prenotazioni sono chiuse per questo evento.