Data / Ora
Date(s) - 01/09/2025
TRAINING MODULE DESCRIPTION: The Documentary Credits
RECIPIENTS : Export manager, foreign officers, bankers, business consultant and international commercial operators;
LEVEL OF THE COURSE : advanced;
This module aims to give the operational skills regarding the documentary credits through a definition of the features and through the identification of the most significant aspects. The legislation URC 600 ICC and the publication 745 ICC will be also deeply analyzed. These legislations are about the guidelines for international banking practice. Some case studies will be used, to better understand how to use this tool effectively.
CONTENTS OF THE COURSE :
• Export Credit Risk Management: to manage the credit risks in the international commercial transactions;
• Main differences between the insurance and the financial tools;
• The documentary credits: definition, characteristics, structure, operation, persons, operative use and legislation;
• The various types of documentary credit: by payment, by deferred payment, by negotiation, by acceptance, and by performance of banking institutions;
• How to avoid the bank risk and the country risk: how to have a confirmation of a documentary credit;
• How to define the role of the bank?
• What does “Negotiation” mean?
• Which are the services for the “chosen Bank”?
• What does “Draft” mean?
• How to manage a documentary credit effectively: produce documents which are consistent and in agreement with the legislation URC 600 ICC and the publication 745 ICC, new guidelines for international banking practice;
• Analysis of various case studies;
• Q&A Session.
TEACHING METHOD :
Lectures with the help of slides and flip chart, active lectures with the participants to place in contexts the ideas and to adopt them in the common business life. Other methods will be used to make participants the main actors: role playing, use of real case studies, role games and other methods to analyze concrete business scenarios, recreate company problems and elaborate schemes to make the ideas real. In particular, the participants will learn how to put to use the already acquired skills.
Didactic Material : slides and articles, case studies and descriptive material in electronic format;
DURATION OF THE MODULE : 1 day (7 hours)
COST : ask for further information through the module contact;
PROFESSOR : Dr. Domenico Del Sorbo – Trade & Export Finance Specialist
Le prenotazioni sono chiuse per questo evento.