The status of Approved Exporter AEO: the advantages for who export
To which legal basis refers the AEO? The AEO ( Authorised Economic Operator) certification is provided for by the following dispositions:
- article 5a of the Regulation (EEC) n. 2913/92 (of the Community Customs Code);
- article by 14° to 14 quinvicies of The Regulation (EEC) n. 2454/93 ( Dispositions for the Implementation of the Community Customs Code).
Who can become Authorised Economic Operator AEO?
- All the economic operators; within the meaning of article 1, item 12 of the Dispositions of Implementation of the Code (Regulation EEC n. 2454/93) economic operator means identify a person which, during the commercial activities, takes part in activities regulated by the customs regulation”.
So which persons are authorised to require AEO certificates?
- all the economic operators which live permanently on the European Community customs territory;
- all the economic operators also non –European if an agreement of mutual recognition of the AEO certificates between the European Community and the Third Country where the applicant is based;
How many types of AEO certificates exist? The article 14° of the applicative dispositions of the customs code (Regulation EEC n. 2454/93) includes 3 types of AEO certificates:
- CAEO (Customs) – customs simplifications
- SAEO (Security) – security
- FAEO (Full) – customs simplifications and security
Which are the facilities allowed by the AEO program? The benefits are set out in general benefits and benefits connected to customs controls, as underlined in the schedules below.
Which are the indirect advantages of having the AEO certification? The main advantages are:
- optimal relations with customs authorities (client coordinator);
- quickness on the major shipments;
- more security in addition to a better communication on the logistic chain;
- fewer problems connected to security.
The authorized exporter AEO can make statements of preferential origin on invoice leaving aside the value of the merchandise exported; the above-mentioned statements replace Eur1 certificates as proofs the preferential origin of the goods.
The status of the authorised exporter is a an important facility provided for by the community customs regulations and by the preferential agreements signed by the EU with some Third Countries.
FOR FURTHER DETAILS WE INDICATE THE LINK OF THE WEBSITE OF THE CUSTOMS AGENCY
IBS IS ABLE TO SUPPORT YOU IN ALL THE PREPARATORY PHASES WHICH WILL ALLOW YOU TO BECOME AN AEO AUTHORISED ECONOMIC OPERATOR. AT THE END OF THE PROCESS, AN EXAMINATION OF THE CUSTOMS AGENCY WILL BE REQUIRED TO WHICH, IF THE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE RESPECTED, THE RELEASE OF THE CERTIFICATION WILL FOLLOW which will have always more importance in the future because of the goals which the European Commission is setting itself on this theme.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION OR FOR A FREE ADVICE ABOUT THE AEO CERTIFICATION PLEASE WRITE A QUESTION IN THE SECTION THE EXPERT ANSWERS OR CONTACT US THROUGH E-MAIL TO THE UNDERLYING LINK