Data / Ora
Date(s) - 12/02/2021
TRAINING MODULE DESCRIPTION: The new legislation about the international banking practice and the operative management of the letter of credit: what’s new in the publication no. 745 ICC
RECIPIENTS : Foreign officers, bankers, export manager, international commercial operators, business consultants;
LEVEL OF THE COURSE : advanced;
This module aims to give a hyper-specialized training path regarding the documentary credits and their operative management. In particular, the main news of the international banking practice will be analyzed taking into consideration its impact on the draft of documentary credits.
CONTENTS OF THE COURSE :
The documentary credit: definition, characteristics and structure, operation, persons, various types of documentary credit, use and legislation. What does “international banking practice” mean and the new publication ISBP 745 ICC:
General Principles and Preliminary Considerations:
- The purpose of the Publication;
- Certificates and Statements;
- Transport documents copies;
- Documents that don’t adopt the articles 19-25 UCP 600 ICC;
- Definition of: “Shipping Documents”, “Stale Documents Acceptable”, “Third Party Documents Acceptable”, “Third Party Documents Not Acceptable”, “Exporting Country”, “Documents Acceptable as Presented”, “Shipping Company” and “The Language of the Documents”;
- How to sign a document;
- Difference between the master copy and the copy;
- What are the “Shipping Marks”;
- What does “Non-Documentary Conditions” mean?
How to draft the document according to the new publication ISBP 745 ICC:
- How to prepare the draft;
- How to prepare properly an invoice;
- Multimodal Transport Document versus Bill of Lading;
- On board notations;
- Bill of Lading versus Non-negotiable Bill of Lading;
- How to prepare the AWB and the CMR;
- How to prepare the certificate of insurance;
- How to prepare the certificate of origin;
- How to prepare the Weight List and the Packing List;
- How to prepare the Beneficiary’s Certificates;
- How to prepare properly the Certificates of Analysis, of inspection, of health, of phytosanitary, of quantity and quality, etc…
- Analysis and discussion of various case studies and supporting documents;
- Q&A Session.
TEACHING METHOD :
Lectures with the help of slides and flip chart, active lectures with the participants to place in contexts the ideas and to adopt them in the common business life. Other methods will be used to make participants the main actors: role playing, use of real case studies, role games and other methods to analyze concrete business scenarios, to recreate company problems and to elaborate schemes to make the ideas real. The participants will learn how to put to use the already acquired skills.
DIDACTIC MATERIAL : descriptive material and case studies (slides and articles) will be given to the participants in electronic format;
DURATION OF THE MODULE : 2 days (7 hours/day)
COST : ask for further information through the module contact
PROFESSOR : Dr. Domenico Del Sorbo – Trade & Export Finance Specialist
Le prenotazioni sono chiuse per questo evento.