Data / Ora
Date(s) - 05/05/2023
TRAINING MODULE DESCRIPTION: The International Bank Guarantees
RECIPIENTS : Foreign officers, export manager, international commercial operators and business consultant, bankers;
LEVEL OF THE COURSE : advanced;
This module aims to give an exhaustive explanation of the “guarantee” used in the international trade, to better understand the issues and the main characteristics. During this training course the bank guarantees both released on behalf of the seller and released on behalf of the client will be analyzed. Moreover this module allows the analysis of various cases of bank guarantees and a practical exercise about the liquidation of a payment guarantee.
CONTENTS OF THE COURSE :
• Characteristics and operation, persons, legislation and purpose of the international bank guarantee;
• Analysis of the process from the surety to the bank guarantee;
• Which are the differences between the direct bank guarantee and the warranty guarantee?
• The various types of “guarantee”:
Stand By Letter of Credit e Payment Guarantee;
Advance Payment Guarantee;
Retention Money Guarantee;
• URDG 758 ICC: discussion and analysis of the main articles, the main differences with ISP 98 ICC;
• How to draft a correct “guarantee”?;
• Analysis of various case studies of Stand by letter of credit and of international bank guarantees;
• Exercise: How to liquidate a payment guarantee – the case of Cyprus.
TEACHING METHOD :
The teaching method includes both lectures with the help of slides and flip chart and active lectures with the participants to place in contexts the ideas and to adopt them in the common business life. Other dynamic methods will be used from the professor to make participants the main actors: use of real case studies, business games, role playing and other methods to support the analysis of concrete business scenarios, among which the recreation of business issues and the elaboration of schemes useful to put in action the learned skills. The participants will get specific frameworks to put to use the skills acquired during this training module.
DIDACTIC MATERIAL : descriptive material and case studies (slides and articles) will be given to the participants in electronic format;
DURATION OF THE MODULE : 1 day (7 hours)
COST : ask for further information through the module contact;
PROFESSOR : Dr. Domenico Del Sorbo – Trade & Export Finance Specialist
Le prenotazioni sono chiuse per questo evento.