SUPPORT AND SERVICES FOR EXPORTING AND FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT IN MOROCCO
IMPORTS – EXPORTS
- The exportation of goods from Italy or EU countries to Morocco.
- The exportation of goods from Morocco to Italy and/or EU countries with which Morocco has signed preferential agreements on the free movement of goods and services.
- Market research, feasibility studies of exports or FDI (Foreign Direct Investment) initiatives in Morocco.
- Search for partners, customers, suppliers, and scouting of business opportunities.
- Launch and promotion of a brand in Morocco, strategic marketing and marketing plans.
- Creation of a local office or of a showroom for the promotion of goods and services in Morocco, either in our own commercial areas or in commercial areas we manage through local partners.
SPECIALISED CONSULTANCY AND SUPPORT
- Customs, fiscal, legal and accounting support services for export and FDI activities.
- Processing of bureaucratic procedures to create a local office or to make an FDI.
- Business planning.
- Search for tenders and assistance in the presentation of a project and obtaining financing.
- Search for state incentives or funds via the EU’s European Neighbourhood Policy agreements, grants, assistance for facilitated financing for Morocco.
- Industry specialists headhunting.
- Assistance with banking or finance operations where it is important to have the support of a local bank in Morocco.
- Search for private financiers.
- Business strategy.
- Outsourced sales management in Morocco.
- Human resource organisation, Human resource policies, payroll, labour law.
- Processing of the transfer of goods, logistics, and shipping.
- Creation of a direct MBS sales and distribution network in the country.
- Support to logistics operators who are willing to create a logistics hub for the distribution of goods in Morocco.
PRODUCTS IN MOROCCO TO IMPORT INTO ITALY OR INTO THE EU
- Red algae, green algae, sea cucumbers, tuna, sardines, mackerel.
- Craft products (e.g. leather, terracotta, other).
- Phosphates and their derivatives.
- USDA and ECOCERT certified organic argan oil.
- Agricultural products (Moroccan olive oil, olives, tomatoes for the agricultural-food industry, pine nuts, walnuts, hazelnuts, saffron threads).
GOODS AND SERVICES TO INTRODUCE INTO MOROCCO
Morocco is a country whose economic, financial, banking and political systems are stable; it is the natural gateway to the African continent, the MENA countries (Middle East, North Africa) and Sub-Saharan Africa. For several years, Morocco has seen a constant increase in the GDP and GDP per capita and the middle class now includes parts of population who were once below the poverty threshold. The GDP growth forecasts for the following years are positive and not less than 5% per year, for at least the next 5-6 years. Therefore, the country is considered extremely interesting by the EU, the USA and Asian countries.
The European Union has a preferential free-trade agreement with Morocco which is currently in force, resulting in the removal of customs duties and barriers to entry for the EU member states. Morocco has signed similar agreements with the United States and, obviously, with African countries. Thus, the country is also an interesting international logistics hub for the United States and for Asian countries.
Incentives and state financing are provided for businesses which are interested in Morocco; further funding is provided as a result of EU neighbourhood policies or agreements with Development banks. Below you can find a list of some sectors where the number of business opportunities is higher.
CLOTHING, FURNISHINGS AND HOME INTERIORS
- Designer clothes, popular brands.
FURNISHINGS AND HOME ACCESSORIES
- Quality products (e.g. quality doors, window and door frames).
- Leather goods, jewellery, ceramic products, and craft products.
PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE IN MOROCCO
- Assistance with the validation of the Italian degree in Architecture or equivalent qualifications in Morocco.
-Enrolment in the national register of architects.
- Support in the start-up stage of business and with the profession at an associated architects’ firm.
- Scouting for professional opportunities: tenders, opportunities in the private construction sector.
Once the file is closed, it will be possible to carry out most of the professional activities from Italy thanks to the Assistance we and the local partners give.
- Consumables and spare parts for cars.
CALL CENTRES SERVICES
- Call centres outsourcing, both inbound and outbound, for Italian businesses by qualified and trained personnel who have excellent telephone conversation and negotiation skills, as well as a perfect command of Italian.
CONSTRUCTION & ENERGY
CONSTRUCTION, PRIVATE CONSTRUCTION AND TENDERS, REAL ESTATE
- Construction, designing and execution of building works in the civil field and in the public works field in the context of international tenders. At present, in Morocco, there are a significant number of active construction sites everywhere, both in the private and the public sector. The works in the former have the objective of gradually reducing the pockets of poverty, whereas in the latter the government aims to modernise the country and its international connections to foster foreign trade and the strategic role of the country in the development of the African continent.
- For the private investors who wish to invest in real estate, interesting opportunities can be found in the areas of Agadir, Essaouira, Fes, Marrakesh, Tangier.
- Renewable energy and energy saving: PV panels, accumulators and photovoltaic systems, solar panels, wind turbines and biomass heating systems.
- Morocco has set the ambitious goal of producing a 42% of green energy (i.e. energy produced from renewable sources) by 2020. At the moment, the country primarily uses coal and oil, but depends heavily on imports for over 90% of its requirements.
- Therefore, also thanks to the great interest shown by the highest authorities and political officers on the matter, Morocco aims to radically change its energy mix by increasing its renewable energy production capacity by 4000 MWh.
GAS FOR DOMESTIC USE
- Gas for domestic use: the distribution of gas for domestic use is a significant issue in Morocco. Indeed, most consumers use gas cylinders both at home and in other industries (restaurant, hospitality).
FOOD AND BEVERAGES
- Good quality water with a low amount of nitrate and dry residue.
- Good quality wines for high-end restaurants, made in Italy, Spain and South America.
- Non-perishable foods, canned foods.
- Halal certified meat (this certification guarantees that the food is prepared in accordance with the Islamic law).
- Different types of food supplements.
- Training for managers in the areas of Human Resources, Logistics, Management Control.
TRAINING AND HACCP CERTIFICATION
- For the catering industry and for hi-end hospitality services: training and subsequent auditing by an Italian Certification Authority in order to eliminate all non-conformance and danger for consumers or guests of contracting viruses or bacteria because of methods or procedures of handling of foods and beverages which do not comply with HACCP requirements nor with the Italian UNI 10854 regulations.
TAPS AND FITTINGS
- Quality taps, fittings and accessories.
HOSPITALS AND PRIVATE CLINICS
In the hospital sector, considering the transformation which the healthcare system is undergoing, passing from a 100% public system to a mixed system open to private investment and management of hospital units, there is a high demand for hospital consumables, medical equipment, analytical and medical devices (including hi-tech items). Here are some examples:
- Cytology and preparation: microbiology kits, powders, reagents, stains, histopathology kits.
- Disposables and gloves: cassettes for biopsies and embedding, Lab markers, biopsy sponges, disposable gloves.
- Reagents and products for histology.
- Vaginal and nasal specula.
- Disposable latex pressure infusion bags.
- Products for sutures and dressings.
- Microscope cover slides and cover slips.
- Needles and needle holders.
- Disinfection and sterilisation products.
MEDICAL GARMENTS AND PROTECTION
- Operating room shoes, shoes for medical and paramedical personnel.
- Scrub top and trousers.
- Disposable sterile surgical gowns.
- Safety glasses and medical face shields.
EQUIPMENT AND DEVICES
- Diagnostic products and devices.
- Medical equipment for general and specialised surgery.
- Digital devices, hardware components, and hospital information systems, cameras, monitors, printers.
HOSPITAL AND MEDICAL FURNISHINGS
- Stainless steel medical furniture, operating room accessories, operating room tables, and medical trolleys.
HD TV PRODUCTIONS
TV PRODUCTIONS, TV COMMERCIALS, TRAINING
- Training services via highly qualified personnel specialised in audio and video production for TV networks.
- Courses for audio and video operators, sound and microphone technicians, film editors, stage electricians.
- TV commercial production, mobile control rooms.
All of the above-mentioned services are offered by an Italian company which operates in the audio and video production industry.
PROTECTION AND CONTROL OF THE TERRITORY
- Advanced technologies supplied by an Italian company which operates in the military sector. This company also provides embedded systems and turnkey platforms for the telecommunication and military industries.
PERSONNEL AND GOODS’ SECURITY
- Naval anti-piracy services by highly trained personnel who have had important roles in the coordination of military operations in hostile zones.
- Protection of construction sites, buildings and production plants which are located in hot spots or areas subject to popular uprisings or with an ongoing civil war.
- Armed escort for entrepreneurs, managers, politicians, VIPs.